Last weekend Dave and I took a weekend trip to Washington D.C. to visit an old friend. Dan and Dave lived together at Auburn and so many of our memories of Auburn and college days involve Dan :) Dan has a great family and we loved getting to see most of them while in D.C. - including his sweet parents who treated us all to brunch on Sunday! Dan's younger sister, Katie, also lives in D.C. and it was great to see her again. She did not got to Auburn but she visited us a lot and went with us on several road trips during our college days. His older brother, whom we nick named "Gangsta Mike" was in town for the weekend from Philly - he was nothing short of hilarious and made the trip that much more memorable.
Dan took off work early on Friday and picked us up from the airport. Our first stop was to the Teddy Roosevelt Island monument in Virginia and then we headed to Ben's Chili Bowl. Ben's Chili Bowl is a Washington Landmark that Bill Cosby made famous. I told Dan to order for me and I am not 100% sure what I ate but it was delicious! :)
Saturday morning Dave, Dan, and I went on a 7 mile run around the monuments which included a sprint down the mall, race up Capital Hill, and we topped it off with a race to the top of the Thomas Jefferson monument with "Rocky" like chanting. I guess the three of us are a little competitive :) It was a fun way to see the monuments.
Best Chili Cheese Fries and Hotdog ever!
I am the worst bike rider ever! Therefore Dave thought it would be funny to rent bikes and ride them around the monuments. Well needless to say I crashed into a fence. :)


0 comments:
Post a Comment