Ella Kate

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

John David

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

First Trip to the Beach of the Summer Part 1

A few weeks ago we took our first beach trip of the summer!!!  It was awesome.  We spent nine days at the beach.  The first six days was just our family of four and then great friends came down for the rest!  Perfect combination. 

 These two LOVE the beach!  This was the first year Dave and I could sit back and just enjoy watching them play.
 Ella Kate is a beach girl!  She loves it!
 Both Ella Kate and John love the waves.  They always wanted to "jump the waves."


 Beach Baby.  John referred to the beach as "his sand box"

 I love this picture!  Mostly because she was not posing and didn't know I was taking it.  She was just skipping along and singing.  Love how happy this little girl is.
 John stayed very busy at the beach.  He took the job of taking buckets full of water from the ocean to the sand very seriously :)

 More jumping waves.


 So thankful for these three!  They make me happy.
I know I am partial but I think he is so stinkin' cute.  When John wanted to take his hat off he would say "Mommy I don't want to wear my hat ..  I just want to wear my head."  Hard to argue with that one.
 Our perfect princess.

 On the pier headed down to check on the fishermen.
Per John they were looking for "whales".
 Junior and Senior!
 John and Ella Kate had fun sleeping in the same room at the beach.
 We took the boat out fishing almost everyday.  Our typical schedule was for Dave to head out fishing early in the am (around 5am) and the kids and I would pack up the double jogging stroller and meet Dave at the dock - that is only about a mile away around 9:00ish.  We would fish, go to the beach at Shell Island, etc. until around 12:30 and then take the boat somewhere to eat lunch.  After lunch we would head in for naps.  It was perfect!
John claimed he was always fishing for whales :)
Love my fishermen and fishergirl.
 Dolphins!

This was truly my favorite night!  We saw at least 30 dolphins and hung out on the boat fishing until the sun went down.  Ella Kate thought it was so cool that the boat had a "headlight."

If Dave can't be fishing on the boat then he fishes from the beach.  Needless to say Dave likes to fish and John is following in his foot steps :)
Ready for another day of jumping waves.



A sweet lady walked by and insisted on taking a family pic.  :)



Dave and the kids building a sand castle.
Snack time.  Something about playing in the sand and beach all day makes kids crazy hungry.
Our Lightening McQueen and Fairy Sand Castle.
It would not be a proper trip to PCB without a round of put put golf!

1 comments:

Julie and Scott Cooper said...

Love your beach pictures! So glad you guys had a great time!