Day 2 and 3 we went skiing!!! We woke up early and went downstairs and enjoyed a big breakfast before heading to the slopes. The complimentary breakfast buffet at the Huntley Lodge is like something you would expect at the Ritz. Amazing. It was hard to come home to plain old scrambled eggs.
Ella Kate and John did a full day of ski lessons the first day while I did a half day. They only recommend half days for 5 year olds because skiing is so tiring but when we checked on John at lunch he was begging to stay so we let him :) We enjoyed getting to check in on the kids at their ski lessons and got lots of joy watching the excitement on their faces. While the kids were in their lessons Dave and I got to enjoy lunch and skiing just the two of us. Perfect first day! The second day of skiing Ella Kate did another full day of lessons and John did a half day. I originally only signed myself up for another half day but b/c I was making good progress I decided to stay for a full day. Not going to lie the first two days were hard for me :) HaHa. I fell a LOT but I was determined to get it and not give up. Our third and fourth ski days "I got it" and LOVED it. Once it clicked I was hooked. We love skiing.
John getting fitted for his skis.
Mrs. Priss getting fitted.
This kid. She was amazing. On her second ski day her instructor had her on the lift and doing green runs. She was a rockstar. The instructors at Big Sky Resort were amazing. The group lessons were more like private lessons because the crowds were so low. Ella Kate only had one other child in her class both days. She learned so much! On ski days 3 and 4 Ella Kate went to Daddy's Ski School - she loved loved loved skiing with her Daddy. Two peas in a pod.
Her amazing instructor. He was excellent. I just can't say enough about all the instructors. I was beyond impressed. Money well spent.
John did now want any help and was determined to ski. So proud of this little fellow. He did great! Under no circumstance did I think he would be riding the lifts and doing green runs on this trip. John worked hard and surprised us all. He could not get enough of riding the lifts and loved skiing.
Ski date will kiddos are in ski school.
John's happy place. Up on top of a "snow castle" making snow balls to throw at Dave and I :)
Wow.
Snow for days
I am pretty sure he just hit Dave with a snowball :)
I don't have tons of pictures of skiing but we do have lots and lots of videos. Dave got a GoPro Camera for Christmas and he put it to good use. Awesome videos to be posted later when we get them a little more organized :)
Mrs. Priss getting fitted.
This kid. She was amazing. On her second ski day her instructor had her on the lift and doing green runs. She was a rockstar. The instructors at Big Sky Resort were amazing. The group lessons were more like private lessons because the crowds were so low. Ella Kate only had one other child in her class both days. She learned so much! On ski days 3 and 4 Ella Kate went to Daddy's Ski School - she loved loved loved skiing with her Daddy. Two peas in a pod.
Her amazing instructor. He was excellent. I just can't say enough about all the instructors. I was beyond impressed. Money well spent.
First time for everything! Ha
Dave picking up John from his first day of ski school. They make ski school so much fun. Hot chocolate breaks, time to build snowmen, etc. He had a great day!John did now want any help and was determined to ski. So proud of this little fellow. He did great! Under no circumstance did I think he would be riding the lifts and doing green runs on this trip. John worked hard and surprised us all. He could not get enough of riding the lifts and loved skiing.
Ski date will kiddos are in ski school.
John's happy place. Up on top of a "snow castle" making snow balls to throw at Dave and I :)
He is having a good day!
A couple of mornings while the kids and I were in ski class Dave headed to the top of the mountain to do a little advanced skiing. That view!Wow.
Snow for days
I am pretty sure he just hit Dave with a snowball :)


0 comments:
Post a Comment