Ella Kate is 9 months old today and I just can't believe it. She is not walking quite yet but getting very close. She pulls up on everything and walks around corners of tables, couches, etc. When she is standing up playing with a toy she often gets so wrapped up in the toy that she lets go of whatever she was holding on to and stands by herself for a couple of seconds. Her Nana gave her a baby stroller/walker for Christmas and she kinda walks with it. She holds onto the walker and plays with her baby doll that I keep inside it and b/c the walker has wheels it ends up moving so she just moves/walks right along with it. So I would say that is walking with a walker right?
We had a nice quiet family weekend that started off Friday night by meeting Dave at his office and then going to The Cheesecake Factory for an early dinner. We had a really cool waiter that obviously loved kids b/c he was having so much fun with Ella Kate and her new "Walrus" face. Tina, you remember the Walrus face right? :) Well, Ella Kate has taken it to a whole new level and she thinks it is hilarious. Instead of smiling at people she does the walrus face. :) For those of you who do not know what the Walrus face is, it is when a person wrinkles their nose, sticks out their two front teeth, and kinda snorts. I know, not real lady like - but pretty funny when a 9 month old greets you with this face. Dave and I love it and think it is hilarious!!
Saturday morning we all got up early and went to the gym to workout. Ella Kate stayed in the gym's nursery for over an hour and did great!! I think she loved watching all of the big kids. Saturday afternoon we drove around to a couple of colleges so that Dave could post his companies job opening. One of the schools was having a big party on the quad and Dave and I just looked at each other and laughed as we walked by with a baby stroller and thought my my how times have changed. :) Good ole Auburn and Georgia days!!! We did have fun!
Sunday after church Ella Kate and I met LeLe for lunch while Dave and his dad went fishing. We had a nice lunch at La Parilla and then went back to LeLe's house to finalize the fitting for the Easter dress. Dave's mom is making Ella Kate an Easter dress and I am so excited about it! I can't wait to dress her up Easter morning.
Well I think that just about catches things up. Miss Priss is continuing to grow like crazy and plans for her 1st b'day party are already underway. Our little Easter Bunny gnawing on a banana. We were out of carrots but you get the idea. :)
1 month ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment