Ella Kate

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

John David

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 5, 2009

First Overnight Hiking Trip - The Hike Inn at Amicalola Falls

Dave, Ella Kate, and I at Amicalola Falls before starting the 5 Mile hike to Len Foote Inn. Notice cousin Carter (the bulldog) is in the pic too. We happened to see my brother-in-law Jason at the park. He lives nearby and was just out for a walk with Carter. Pretty cool!

Our little camper
The huge, yes 34lb, backpack that I carried 5 miles (both ways I might add) up the mountain. Yep - I was pretty proud of myself.
Still proud of the fact I carried that pack. I am not sure if Dave really thought I could do it. :)

Dave trying to take a picture of him and Ella Kate on the hike. His pak was pretty heavy too since he was carry Miss Priss and the water.

Yay - we finally arrived at the Len Foote Hike Inn.

Ella Kate made herself right at home and started making friends.

She Loved Loved Loved running around outside in the woods. Just like her Daddy :)

Having a blast.


Miss Nosey investigating the place.

Just hangin out.

They walk up and down the hall and beat a drum right before sunrise so that everyone can come out and enjoy it. Well I am sure it was beautiful but I opted to sleep in so Dave took Ella Kate out for the sunrise. The rooms at the Len Foote Inn are pretty tight. There is a bunk bed and enough room to turn around in and that is it. Dave slept on the top bunk and Ella Kate and I slept on the bottom bunk. I was a little worried about Ella Kate sleeping in such a different place but she slept like a little angel.

The beautiful sunrise pics Dave took.

Daddy and his little girl outside watching the sunrise. I just love this picture.





Amicoloa Falls

0 comments: