I am so thankful to be the mother of a healthy, beautiful, smart, and loving little girl and another little one on the way. I am so grateful that God has entrusted these two little lives with Dave and I and I can't imagine life without them. Ella Kate is a "spunky" little girl who keeps us laughing and on our toes :) We were at the playground today having a playdate with two of our neighbors who have little boys Ella Kate's age. She prisses up to the playground says "Hi ya Boyz" and immediately starts asking them if they want to slide with her. It was hilarious! One of the slides was a double slide and she preferred a particular side and would tell them that one side was Ella Kate's slide and the other slide was theirs. I let them work it out but the little boys just got up and moved and went where she told them. The moms and I were laughing b/c she was bossing them around like crazy but they did not seem to mind at all.
I am a little late posting this blog but we had a great Mothers Day last weekend. Aunt Laura had to work on Sunday so we celebrated on Saturday by making a trip up to Dahlonega where Aunt Laura and Uncle Jason live. The day started out bright and early with a visit to a Miniature Horse Farm. Ella Kate loved petting all the animals but mostly loved the attention she was getting from everyone especially Papa and LeLe. After the farm we grabbed a quick lunch at a cool bar-b-que place and then headed for a hike on Springer Mountain, which is the beginning of the Appalachian Trail. After the hike we changed clothes and freshened up in the car and met everyone for dinner at a great restaurant at Amicalo Falls. Such a fun day!!!
Sunday Morning we headed to Sunday School where Ella Kate must have known that I was more attached to her than normal because she would not let me leave her in Sunday School. She goes to Sunday school every Sunday morning and usually loves it!! She normally walks right in, sits in her seat, and there are no problems. Well not this morning - she would not let go of me and screamed when I left her. I just didn't have the heart to let her scream on Mothers Day so I stayed in class with her. It was actually fun and quite busy. I was worn out afterwards and have a whole new appreciation for her teachers. After church we came home and Dave cooked a big breakfast for lunch. It was great!! Ella Kate and LeLe checking out the Miniature Animal Farm.
1 week ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment