This past weekend our good friends Emmy and Kenneth got hitched!! The wedding was held at an outdoor chapel that Emmy's uncle, an archtiect, had built on his property. Everything was just beautiful and the band at the reception was great (especially when Kenneth's Mom decided to join in). Lisa's rendition of Bobby McGee is unmatched in my mind. Dave even danced :) During the wedding weekend we stayed at the King and Prince hotel on St. Simon's Island. The hotel was just perfect and we are already planning to go back for a vacation there this summer. Friday night when we arrived we got all dressed up for the Rehearsal Dinner. As you can see Miss Ella Kate thought it was all so exciting that she just decided to nap through out the entire dinner. I still can't believe she slept through the whole thing. There was 100+ people at the rehearsal dinner. She snoozed through all the toasts or maybe I should say "roasts" and even stayed asleep for the special entertainment by the Chicken Man. I can truly say that I can't exactly explain what the Chicken Man was or did but he was hilarious:)
After the rehearsal dinner Dave and I went out with the gang and Dave's Mom and Dad who were also in town for the wedding took Ella Kate back to the hotel. Ella Kate normally is fast asleep by 8pm and is my good little sleeper. However she thought when LeLe and PaPaw took her back to the hotel Friday night it was party time. When Dave and I got back to the hotel around midnight she was wide awake and playing as you can see from the pics.
Saturday morning there was a Brunch on Sea Island and then Saturday night was the wedding. The wedding Saturday night was perfect however the brunch did not go as smooth as I had planned. All was going well until we arrived on Sea Island, which is a private island, and entered the security gates. We arrived a little before 11am and I had planned to feed Ella Kate once we got to the brunch around 11:15am. Well as we were about to get out of the car I was shaking Ella Kate's bottle and noticed it was leaking. Oh yes - I forgot the nipple to the bottle. You see I had this brilliant idea to organize the nipples since these days I have several different sizes that I use depending on if I put rice cereal in her bottle or not. Well my brilliant idea now seems pretty stupid. Anyway Sea Island was almost a 20 min drive from our hotel and a bottle with no nipple is useless. Needless to say I dropped Dave off at the brunch and went on a search for a grocery store with Dr. Brown's nipples. I also found out that day that Miss Prissy is pretty picky about which bottle nipples she will use and Dr. Brown's is the one and only. To make a long story short I finally find the Dr. Brown's nipple and arrived back at the party just as it was ending to pick Dave up.
The wedding Saturday evening was just perfect and as you can see from the pics Ella Kate had a great time!! Sunday morning we all slept in and Dave and Ella Kate played while I packed up all of our stuff. The King and Prince had a wonderful Sunday brunch so we filled up and hit the road. Such a fun weekend.
1 month ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment