Ella Kate

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

John David

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 7, 2010

18 Month Checkup

Today was Ella Kate's 18 month checkup! She weighed in at 21lbs 13oz which puts her in the 20th percentile for weight and 33" tall which puts her in the 90th percentile for height. She only had to get one vaccination today and she did so very good! Because she was so good I told her she could have a prize. Well she picked up that word fast and clearly knew what it meant b/c she said "prize, prize, prize" a million times. It was so cute!! Her prize was a trip to Chick-fil-A for lunch with Mommy! She loves Chick-fil-A particulary b/c of th indoor playground. There were two other little boys around 3 years old playing and she had so much fun with them. I let her play for probaly a good 30 mins b/c I was loving watching her play so good with the little boys. After Chick-fil-A we headed to Lizard and Lollipops to get her a raincoat for our big trip to San Francisco next week!!!

Poor little thing was worn slap out and is sound asleep right now. Hopefully she will rest good b/c we have a playdate this afternoon. Our sweet neighbors Mary Cobb, Lawton, and Tommy are all coming over soon and I know Ella Kate will have fun sliding and "cooking" with them. She loves to say "cook" which means she wants you to play with her and her new kitchen.

I just can't believe that she is a year and a half! I am enjoying seeing all of the phases she goes through as she gets older but it is also hard to think that my baby is growing up. I love hearing her say "Momma" and call for me when she is playing and wants me to come play with her. It just makes my day!! Lately she has not been wanting me to carry her when we go in stores, etc. but instead she wants to walk and hold my hand. It is so sweet and I love it!!! Today when we were in Lizard and Lollipops she stayed right with me and kept taping me on the leg and saying "look" Wow." She has never been one to sit in a stroller so I think she really enjoyed being more apart of the shopping experience with me today. Well I better get a little work done before she wakes up from her nap.

We love you very much Ella Kate!!!

0 comments: