Ella Kate

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

John David

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Fun Days And Ella Kate's First Play - All Afloat on Noah's Boat

A few weeks ago Ella Kate had her first musical at school called "All Afloat on Noah's Boat." It was so precious!

Below are a few pics of the musical and just some random pictures of recent fun times. I love these kids so much!
Ella Kate and LeLe after her big performance :) We went to lunch after the musical and Ella Kate got a big chocolate dessert as a congratulations.

Baby Brother and Ella Kate after the show.

Very serious!

The big performance.



The fancy backdrop.

My little angels. Now I am sure that in my future there will be sibling spats but for right now these two adore each other. Ella Kate can make John laugh and smile quicker than anyone else. He adores his big sister and is most content when she is playing with him. Ella Kate loves John so much too. She always wants to check on him, feed him, clap when he does something good, etc. She is so proud of her little brother and oh so very protective.



A couple of recent incidents where Ella Kate has protected John.

1.) She is often not very nice to people when they get to close to John. When we talk to her and try to explain that people just want to see him and they will not hurt him. She responds. "I am tecting him."'



2.) Last week we were at Laurel Park and John was a little fussy. A little boy who was probably about 6 said, "Ohhh scary baby is crying." Oh now that just did not sit well with Ella Kate. She marched up to this little boy put her hands on her hip and said, "That is NOT a scary baby that is my brother John!" And I mean she said it with passion too. I could not help but laugh a little and honestly I was pretty proud of her :) I was a little afraid the boy was going to respond and we were going to have a situation on our hands but he just walked away and that was the end of that. So funny.
Ohhh I am so in love with this little boy! He is so snuggly and has the cutest chunkiest little legs. Yes, he will be 6 months old tomorrow and is wearing a size 12-18 month. I am never really sure when to say he has conquered the art of sitting up but I think now is safe. He has been "sitting up" for the past month but with lots of fall overs :) He still falls over every once in a while but is mostly pretty stable sitting up at this point.
We met friends on the Square today for the Brown Bag Concert Series. It was so much fun to watch the kids dance.
Ella Kate loves to wake-up John in the mornings. John gets the biggest smile on his face as soon as he hears sisters voice.
My perfect little boy!

0 comments: