Ella Kate

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

John David

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Weekend Fun - John is 8.5 Months Old

Last week was full of swim play dates, Vacation Bible School, and just enjoying long summer days at the park.  VBS was such a great experience for Ella Kate and John tagged along with us each day and had fun watching all of the big kids :)  Very thankful for a fun VBS experience but boy was I exhausted Saturday afternoon when it was all over.
Dave was gone all weekend on a bachelor trip for Mr. Mikey Buchanon and Mr. Taylor Craig.  Dave and Duncan cooked bbq for all the boys and they got to do lots of fishing so I think it was a really fun trip for everyone.  Ella Kate really missed her Daddy this past weekend and asked when he was coming home constantly.  To her credit he had also been gone to Savannah earlier in the week on a work trip so she was really missing him.  When he got home on Sunday we headed to Ms. Hannah Kate's birthday party and then off to see Cars 2.  Papa and LeLe babysat John while we we took Ella Kate to the movies.  We took Ella Kate out for a mexican dinner at Pappasito's before the movie and I think she enjoyed being an only child again for a little while. It was a great weekend.  I love my family!

 Ella Kate had so much fun at Hannah Kate's Gymboree birthday party.  Even John had a good time. 
I mean she really really had fun.  Can't you tell by the look on her face :)  She was one of the first in line to particpate for each activity.  She is growing up so fast.
Alot of her friends from school were at the party.  I think she really enjoyed seeing her school friends outside of the CEE.

This was one of her favorite games.  The would roll back and forth and then fall off.
Dave would never admit it but he LOVES going to birthday parties. 
Sweet John right in the thick of things.  He woud crawl in and out of the ring.  He is on the move and pulls up on everything.  One of his favorite things to do in the playroom is crawl in and out of the ball pit.

My sweet big boy.
I love it that these two play together so well.  However some of Ella Kate's games are a little questionable.  For example, this morning when I was cleaning up the breakfast dishes I heard John laughing and Ella Kate saying, "Fetch Little Doggie."  She would throw his toys were he could not reach them and he would have to crawl to them and bring them back to her.  He thought it was hilarious as did she :) 
She is a really good big sis.

She is really good with helping me with John.  She knows that he can not play with any toys that are smaller than her hand.

My sweet boy. 
This little baby boy is so precious to us.

1 comments:

Julie and Scott Cooper said...

Precious kids! I laughed at Ella Kate's "fetch" game. Too funny. I cannot believe John has gotten so big. Hope to see all of you soon!