Ella Kate

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

John David

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Disney World Day 1

Our week at Disney was awesome!  We talked all the way home about all of our favorite Disney experiences/rides/meals, etc. and what a great vacation we had.  Neither Dave nor I had been since we were young so it was brand new for all of us.  Since Orlando is about an 8 hour drive we decided to drive half way to Valdosta after work on Wednesday night so we could enjoy most of the day Thursday at our hotel, the Wilderness Lodge.  We found a nice hotel room in Valdosta on Wednesday night for a great price (Thank You Expedia) and got a good nights sleep.  We enjoyed a nice big continental breakfast at the hotel the next morning and loaded up in the car so excited to get to Disney.  When we saw the first Mickey Mouse ear sign I screamed so loud that I scared the kids and Dave laughed about my excitement for a good 10 mins :)

 We checked into our hotel and quickly unpacked and got our swimsuits on!  We LOVED the Wilderness Lodge.

 Running to the pool!  These two stuck together.
 They were so excited about the pool and thought that the hotel and the pool with the awesome waterslide was Disney World.  This made Dave and I even more excited about what we knew they were going to experience the next morning when we took them to Magic Kingdom :)
 Ella Kate loved the waterslide.  She did the waterslide about a million times.  She never tired of it!
 There she goes.
 John loved the pool and wanted us to throw him and he loved "catching" Ella Kate coming down the waterslide.  He would say "Don't worry I got you."  John definitely looks out for his sister. :)
 Happy Boy!  Love his big contagious smile.
 This little boy loves his Daddy.

 After playing several hours in the pool we cleaned up and headed off the resort to make a trip to Walmart to get snacks, drinks, water, etc. and then to a fun Mexican dinner.  Ella Kate was really into getting her picture made this trip :)  She was always asking to get her picture taken in different poses.  I loved it.  John was not so much into getting his picture made and would often bargain with me saying "Ok Mommy I will give you one smile."
 Miss Priss posing by some of the beautiful beams in the lobby of the hotel.  The Wilderness Lodge was designed after the United States National Park Lodges.  Just beautiful.  Dave and I both agreed when we return to Disney World the Wilderness Lodge will be our first choice of accommodations.

 The kids happily slept together with their Disney pillowcases.

0 comments: