Ella Kate

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

John David

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 30, 2008

First Solid Food - 4 Month Dr.'s Appt


Well today was a very exciting day. This morning Ella Kate had her 4 month checkup. The poor little thing had to get 4 shots which she did not like at all. Prior to getting the shots she was all smiles and laughs for Dr. Clements. She weighs 14lbs and is 26 inches long. She is in the 50% percentile for weight and the 97% for height. I just can't get over how long she is. During the appt this morning Dr. Clements said that it was time for her to start eating some solids. It just amazes me how fast she is growing. It seems like just yesterday Dave and I were in Labor and Delivery and now she is ready to eat solids. Everyone warned me that time was going to fly by and it sure does. I am trying to enjoy and cherish every minute of it.
When Dave got home from work we took a family outing to Kroger to buy rice cereal, peas, and bananas. We also bought a ton of Halloween candy in preparation for all the little trick or treaters tomorrow night. Around 7pm I gave Miss Priss a bath and dressed her in her Halloween pj's. We have not bought a high chair yet so we put her in the Bumpo seat for her first feeding. I got her little sterling silver spoon out of my silver box and she took her first bite. Well I am not sure if bite is really the proper word. It was more like I shoved a little in and she swallowed some and spit some back out. All in all it was a successful feeding. Tomorrow I am going to finally buy a high chair which is so exciting.

0 comments: