Ella Kate

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

John David

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Lilly Grace's Birthday Party








This weekend Ella Kate and I went to B'ham!!! The weekend started off great with a Saturday afternoon visit to see Mrs. Heidi and her crew. Heidi was my very first boss when I worked at The Body Shop Skin and Hair in high school. I think I ended up working for Heidi a total of about 6-7 years; all through high school and then summers and holidays in college. I just loved working for Heidi!!!! She was an amazing mentor who taught me about good work ethic and so much more during some of my most impressionable years. I was so proud to get to show off my little angel to her. Heidi will always hold a special place in my heart. And I have such fond memories of watching her husband Scott, who is such a guys guy, selling lipstick during the busy Christmas season. That still brings a smile to my face :)

After our visit with Heidi and her wonderful fam Mom and I went back home and put Ella Kate down for a quick nap before her cousin Miss Lilly Grace's big party. The party was a blast!!! Lilly Grace was just as sweet and precious as she could be. My cousin Wanda had Lilly Grace all decked out in proper b'day attire, tutu and all :) Ella Kate has a ton of little girl cousins in B'ham and I just love watching them all grow up together. Her cousin Whitley is only 7 weeks older than Ella Kate and it was so cute watching Whitley watch Ella Kate as if to say "Come on let's play." Uncle Ken was holding both Whitley and Ella Kate and at one point someone picked up Ella Kate and Whitley made it known that she did not appreciate someone taking her friend and cousin away. It was just precious!!! The party was a big success and Lilly Grace got some precious gifts. She is going to be spoiled rotten just as I want her to be :)

Ella Kate behaved perfectly during the party - she just looked around and took all the excitement in. On one hand I can't wait to celebrate Ella Kate's first b'day but then on the other hand I want her to still stay little as long as possible. She is just growing so fast and I am just trying to treasure every minute. She is definately a mommas girl and everytime she looks at me and smiles my heart melts. She is not really laughing yet but she shrugs her shoulders sometimes when she smiles almost like she is embarrased and being shy about her excitement to see me. She has the rolling over from tummy to back down pat and is oh so very close to rolling over from her back to stomach. I think that in a couple more weeks I will have a little rolly polly on my hands.

Enjoy the pics!!!

0 comments: