Saturday morning Dave, John (Dave's dad), and I all ran the Sleighbells on the Square 5K at the Marietta Square. The race allowed jogging strollers and although we originally planned to bring Miss Priss it was 29 degrees the morning of the race so thank goodness for LeLe as she babysat while we ran. Attached are pics of the race. It was so much fun although a little harder than I thought - but alas I ran the entire way and only finished 2 mins behind Dave.

Below are pics of the Marietta Square. It is a beautiful place all year around but especiallly at Christmas time.

Saturday afternoon Dave did some Christmas shopping on his own and Ella Kate and I stayed at home and played and wrapped Christmas gifts. When Dave got home Ella Kate was so glad to see him and I got some great pics of them playing together.

Saturday night, Papa John, LeLe, and Aunt Laura all came over for dinner. We had a nice dinner complete with Christmas China and all. Dave grilled a couple of whole chickens and LeLe and Aunt Laura brought the sides. As most of you know I am not a big cook therefore I made the Christmas cookies :)
This morning we went to church with Miss Priss dressed in one of her Aunt Laura's old Christmas dresses that LeLe had hand smocked. It was gorgeous and Ella Kate looked so sweet. She did great during church. She has just about conquered sitting up and she in fact sat on the pew in between Dave and I and played with her toys. Then she decided that she wanted to stand up and look at the sweet ladies sitting behind us. She smiled and flirted with them for several mins until I think she got so wrapped up in her flirting that she forgot where Mommy and Daddy was b/c out of no where she started crying. I took her to the nursery and we sat in the nursery for the rest of service and she just watched another little boy in the nursery and played with her cell phone. Her dad is not a big fan of the cell phone toy but I just could not resist. As soon as we found out we were expecting Dave told me that we were not going to buy her any toy cell phones or purses. :) Sorry Dave that is an impossible request.
Ella Kate is gettingto be extra cudly these days. She is starting to put her head on my shoulder and just want to snuggle more. I absolutely love it and can't get enough of it. I love watching her discover new toys and she never ceases to amaze me as she reaches for objects that she wants. As soon as she makes up her mind that she wants something you can be sure that she is going to try her hardest to get it and then of course put it right in her mouth. Her coordination is amazing to me.
1 comments:
So proud of you! That course has a couple of "fun" hills. Good job :)
Post a Comment