Ella Kate

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

John David

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, December 5, 2008

Ella Kate's First Thanksgiving

Keith, Tina, Mom, Me, Dave, and Ella Kate
Me, Dave, and Ella Kate
Uncle Ken, Aunt Helen, Mom, Uncle Tom, Uncle Don, Aunt Nancy, Aunt Ann, & Uncle Wendell
Ella Kate & Whitley (Wendy's youngest)
Miss Whitley - such a sweet smile
Tina and Ella Kate
Mom feeding Ella Kate
Me and Ella Kate at the Elliott Thanksgiving

I know I am a little late updating the blog but time just seems to fly. This year was Ella Kate's first Thanksgiving and we had a great time seeing all of the B'ham family over at my Aunt Ann's and Uncle Wendell's. Aunt Ann and Uncle Wendell were perfect hosts and I truly treasure getting together with the fam. All the cousins had fun playing Catch Phrase and taking golf cart rides. This was one of the first times that we did not play any football but with so many little ones we kept busy and entertained. We had Thanksgiving with Dave's side of the family the Sunday prior to Thanksgiving. We missed having Dena, Chris, and Josh at the Elliott Thanksgiving but are so excited that they will be coming in town for Christmas. I can't wait for Ella Kate and her cousin Josh to play together.

This past Tuesday evening we bought our Christmas tree and I am so excited about our first Holiday with Miss Priss. Since we have been married, Dave and I have always bought a live Christmas tree each year. However we are having one little problem with the live Christmas Tree this year. JoJo, one of our dogs has discovered that it is a great water bowl. Dave finally figured out last night why the water for the Christmas tree was going so fast. Oh JoJo he is our little challenge :) But we love him anyway and would not take anything for him.

Ella Kate absolutely loves our dogs, Sally and JoJo. She watches their every move. I only let them inside if she is playing in her bouncer, pack n' play, or basically something where she is not just sitting or laying on the floor. We have taught the dogs since we first brought her home that she is off limits but now she is the one reaching and trying to get to them. She is not quite sitting up on her own yet but I know she is very close and we work on it everyday.

Dave and I have so much to be Thankful for this holiday season. We have a healthy and happy little angel, our health, great jobs, and our wonderful family and friends.

0 comments: