Ella Kate

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

John David

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My Little Wiggle Worm






I wanted to take a minute to jot down some of the cute things that Ella Kate has been doing recently. For starters, she makes me feel like the most important person in the world when she reaches out for me to hold her. But she definitely has my number b/c when I put her down for naps she immediately starts crying and holding her arms out to me. It takes all that I have not to pick her back up but I know that I have to leave her there b/c she will fall asleep within mins if I disappear. She loves to pick things up and put them on top of her head. This makes her so very proud of herself :) While she can't crawl yet she can move in just about any direction she wants to. Recently she has been going from sitting up to her tummy back to sitting up again. She loves our remote controls, blackberry, and laptops. Of all the bazillions of toys she has she would give them all up at a chance to hold and chew on the remote controls. She also desperately wants to play with my laptop. She has her own toy laptop however when I give her the toy laptop she immediately closes the top down and heads for my "real" laptop. Oh she definately knows the difference between the real one and toy one.

She laughs out loud and thinks it is hilarious when her Daddy and I "goose" her. There have been nights where we just all lay on the floor and play "gooser". Dave and I love watching her laugh!!! It is amazing to us how coordinated she is becoming lately. Tonight when I was giving her a bottle I was just watching her little hands and how she was moving them around. It is like she figures out something new she can do with her hands every second.

As you can tell from some of my postings I often refer to her as Miss Prissy Pants and Dave usually calls her Prissers. It is funny to me how the nicknames just came naturally but oh how fitting they are. She is a wonderful sleeper at night which we are so thankful for. Part of her nap and nighttime ritual lately is to lay on her tummy, pull the bumper pads down as far as she can and pier out of her crib just waiting on us to come back. Dave and I always laugh as we watch her through the monitor scoping the room waiting for us to come rescue her. She always makes me nervous how she sleeps b/c she literally rams her head against the corner of the bed as far as she can and sits on her knees. That is her sleeping position. It sounds so uncomfortable to me but everytime I move her while she is asleep it is not 5 mins before she is back in her crazy position.

She also loves her baths. In her stocking this year over at LeLe and PaPa John's was a floating soap holder and you would think it was made of pure gold b/c she loves it. I fill her little duck bath tub up with lots of toys including rubber duckies, etc. but she goes right for the floating soap holder everytime. And if she drops it out of the duck bath tub I really have to watch her b/c it is like she is diving for it to get it back.

I know I am forgetting other cute things she does but I am really enjoying her at this stage and I do not want to forget all of the sweet things that she does that make me and her dad smile. We are so lucky and thankful to have such a sweet and healthy little girl. Her little personality has really started to develop and I am loving it!!

0 comments: