Ella Kate

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

John David

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, January 30, 2009

7 Months Old - Florida and Crawling

My little girl is now 7 Months Old. I just can't believe it!!!
This past weekend we took Ella Kate to the beach. Dave had a business meeting in Dothan on Friday which is only about 2 hours from my in laws condo in PC beach. Mom came into town and mom, myself, and Ella Kate all drove down to PCB on Thursday afternoon. Dave arrived on Friday evening and we all had a great time. The weather was wonderful - in the upper 60's/low 70's during the day. Since the pool was heated Ella Kate got to go swimming for the very first time. She absolutely loved it!! The pool was a big hit but she wasn't quite so sure about the ocean and beach. I sat her down on the sand several times and sprinkled it over her toes. She would seem interested for a second but only about a second before she wanted me to pick her up.

She also started officially crawling this past weekend. She had been sitting on her knees and rocking for sometime now but in the past as she got near what she was trying to reach should we fall on her stomach and reach her hands out until she got what she wanted. Now she can pretty much crawl right to it. She is probaly not going to win any crawling races just yet but nevertheless she can crawl. She is also starting to pull up more. She can't pull up to a standing position yet but she can definately pull up to a kneeling position.

She is liking more and more different kinds of foods these days. Dave and I stopped by Ryan's on the way home from PCB and she ate chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans, and bread. She was quite a little piggy. In fact the only thing that slowed her eating down that day was b/c she is so nosy and was turned half way around in the high chair most of the time watching other people. :) I have also started giving her Cheerios and she took to those instantly. I wonder what it is about Cheerios that babies and adults love. Quite a little recipe they came up with.

Miss Priss crawling to her fishing pole. She is obsessed with her fishing pole. Dave may have a new fishing buddy pretty soon. Poor Dave - it must be tough having a daughter and wife that are expert fisherwomen. :)

Smiling as I am chasing her down trying to dress her.
Dave, me, and Ella Kate out to dinner in PCB.

Dave and Ella Kate checking out the ocean.

Mom and Ella Kate both sporting their sun glasses.


Ella Kate loving the swimming pool.
Sweet smile. We had so much fun swimming.
She just naturally kicked her leggs out and floated on her tummy. I am going to enroll her in swimming lessons this Spring. I think they start in March. I am so excited!!! Dave has been making fun of my poor swimming skills for years now. Maybe I will try to pay close attention in Ella Kate's classes. Goodness knows poor Wanda did the best she could trying to teach me :)
Miss Priss sporting her new sunglasses and playing with her new pool float in the condo.
Miss Priss perplexed...
She thinks anyone whom plays Peek a Boo with her is absolutely hilarious!!! And LeLe she loves loves loves the red palm tree pillow in the beach condo.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEAH Ella Kate!!!

I can't wait to see her crawling!

Love,

Aunt Emmy