Ella Kate

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

John David

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, August 31, 2009

Ella Kate Starts "School" Tomorrow

I am so excited about tomorrow as it is Ella Kate's first day of "school." She will going to to Marietta First Baptist for 4 hours once a week (Tuesdays from 9:30am - 1:30pm). Dave is going to drop her off in the mornings and LeLe will pick her up since Tuesdays is one of the days that I work. I have her little monogrammed back pack and lunch box all ready. A couple of weeks ago Dave and I went to the parent orientation and it was so much fun b/c we knew so many of the parents. Several of our friends little ones will be going to "school" at MFB and I am so excited. I even bought her a t-shirt for spirit days of course. Ohhh I just love this stuff. Dave has to keep reminding me that it is Ella Kate's first day of school not mine. Last Thursday Ella Kate and I got to go meet her teachers Ms. Elizabeth and Ms. Jamie so that they could have some one on one time with her. When we arrived at school for our meeting I walked on in and sat down in the middle of the room with Ms. Jamie and Ms. Elizabeth. Miss Ella Kate was not so sure about things so she stood in the door way for 2-3 mins before she decided to come in. Ms. Jamie had a baby doll in her hand so Ella Kate thought she would come on in and show Ms. Jamie how to feed the baby doll. Ella Kate seemed to really like Ms. Elizabeth and Ms. Jamie so I have high hopes that tomorrow goes well. Ms. Elizabeth has 7 grown kids of her own so she told me not to worry she has seen everything. The Tuesday class has 6 kids total so Ella Kate should have plenty of attention. Their day is very structured and it includes playtime outside on the playground, art, and music. After we met her teacher last week I could not believe it but we were actually assigned homework. Tomorrow she gets to bring a Teddy Bear to school and we were given a teddy bear made out of construction paper that we are supposed to decorate as a family for the class bulletin board. I was excited about decorating the Teddy Bear in girly fabric, etc. but Daddy Dave put his foot down and said that he would handle this art project. I think he plans to decorate it with pasta noodles, etc. I myself never procrastinate and would have had the bear decorated long ago but Daddy Dave well he is a little bit of a procrastinator so the blank construction paper bear is still sitting on our kitchen table. However I have complete faith that Ella Kate will have the best bear in the classroom by tomorrow morning.

Good Luck at School tomorrow Ella Kate. Daddy and I love you very much and hope you have fun!!!

Ella Kate loves to read these days. She takes her books and sits in her little polka dot chair. These pics are of Ella Kate reading before we left to go meet her teachers.




Ella Kate and LeLe in the fabric store picking out some fabric for some new fall clothes!! Wahooo!! We are so thankful for all the clothes LeLe makes! Ella Kate is normally excited about whatever LeLe makes but this particular day she was very persistent on a particular Halloween pattern. So we bought it :) Even another lady in the store laughed and said she wants this one!


I was trying to take a picture of Ella Kate yesterday before we left for church since she looked so pretty in her little dress. As you can see she was not going to cooperate b/c she was to busy pulling everything out of the kitchen cabinets.

Ella Kate trying out her new monogrammed seer sucker lunch box after we picked it up from the monogram store this morning.





Ella Kate's new stuff all ready for her first day of school.

0 comments: