Ella Kate

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

John David

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

First Day of 2 yr old PreSchool and Ballet Class #2

This past Monday Ella Kate started 2 year old pre-school. She even has a car pool # this year. I know it is only 2 year old preschool but I am honestly not sure if I am ready for her to grow up as fast as she is. Maybe it is b/c I am 8 months pregnant but the two days that I work and only see her for a few hours in the evenings before bedtime have been extra hard for me lately. It is amazing how much you can miss a little girl. I still love my job and I am so thankful to be able to work 2 days a week and be at home with my little angel the others, but boy do I miss her on those 2 days. Tonight Dave picked her up from Papa and LeLe's because I was stuck in traffic and when she got home and saw me she put her arms around my neck and hugged me and said "I love you so much - I missed you so much." It just absolutely makes my day! We are getting really excited about meeting Baby Brother in a little less than 2 months now. Ella Kate always wants to go and play in Baby Brothers room and she tells me that he needs more blankets in his crib :) Sometimes she will put 5-6 burp cloths in his crib and then look at me and ask "Where is Baby Brother."

One funny thing that Ella Kate has started doing lately is saying "Well" alot. For example if you ask her what she wants for dinner she will say "Well" and pretend to ponder before answering in her little southern accent. I think it is so funny.

This is a picture Dave took of Ella Kate on her 1st day of preschool. Dave drops her off at pre-school on the 2 days that I work so I begged him to take a picture. I think her expression in this picture is hilarious b/c she is probably wondering why Daddy made her sit in the parking lot to take it. :) Poor Dave - he tried. He is such a good Daddy but I think he was a little embarrassed to take a camera in the school and snap pics. Ella Kate was so proud of her outfit because it had The Little Mermaid and Nemo (she thinks Flounder is Nemo) smocked on the front of it.

Ella Kate was such a big girl at Ballet Class this week. She even decided that it would be fun to wear her cute little ballet skirt.

Such a precious little ballerina.
Ella Kate's new little friend in her ballet class. Her name is Megan and she is 3 years old and so so sweet to Ella Kate.
Last week I had to stay in the classroom for most of the class b/c Ella Kate wanted Mommy near. However this week she walked in carrying her dance bag with tap shoes behind Megan like a big girl. The class is 45 mins long and she did great in class all by herself for the first half and then I think she got to missing Mommy b/c I heard a "I want my Mommy" and of course I came running in. Once she saw me she calmed down and I participated in the rest of class which seemed to suit Ella Kate and the other kids just fine. However being 8 months pregnant hopping around Mrs. Barbara did tell me at one point not even to think about doing the frog hop :) I just laughed and sat that one out.
Like Mrs. Barbara said Ella Kate is making big progress in class and seems to really enjoy it.

0 comments: