Great News!! Dave took his PE exam in Macon this past weekend and he thinks he did well. He will not find out the official results until around June/July but at least he feels good about it and it is finally behind him. Whew!!! On Friday morning we met friends at the Atlanta Zoo and even though it was crazy crowded we had a great time. Ella Kate loved seeing the elephants which are her favorite animals. I did not get any pictures b/c I had my hands full with Baby John and Ella Kate but if you can imagine a sweet group of little friends (Caroline, Pres, Ali, Rhodes, Mary Cobb, and Lawton) they were all precious :) On Saturday morning we drove to Dahlonega to visit Aunt Laura and Uncle Jason and celebrate an early birthday with Aunt Laura. Dahlonega is such a fun town and we started our day by strolling around the square and getting some frozen yogurt. Next we went to the North Georgia Zoo which was awesome!!! They had lions, bears, gorillas, white tigers, a white tiger cub, leopards, cheetah's, zebras, a zeodonk, and tons more. The cool thing about this zoo is that it is small enough where you are super close to the animals and there were only maybe 20 people there. It was really fun! While we were there they had a show and passed around a snake, some kind of dragon lizard, owl, birds, etc. some of which Ella Kate got to touch. Ella Kate stuck close to her buddy Uncle Jason and especially loved petting the snake and dragon lizard. After the zoo we went to eat at a cool restaurant where we sat outside on a deck that overlooked a river. Very Nice and both kids were so good. To finish the weekend off Dave and Ella Kate started working on the summer garden. They planted all sorts of things and Ella Kate was really into helping Dave. I bet she stayed outside in the garden area "digging" for at least 45 mins. Thanks to Aunt Laura for Ella Kate's frog gardening gadgets :) The rest of the time she was riding her big wheel and playing on her playground. Such a fun family weekend! I love this warm weather. This week has started off great but it going to be crazy busy. Today I worked, Tuesday we have gymnastics, swimming, and Tuesday night Mommy has birthday club at Corkscrews and Canvas. I am possibly the worlds worst painter so my masterpiece should be quite interesting but I am really excited about it :) Wednesday I am working again, Thursday we have a make-up swim class, Friday a playdate with sweet friends Brooks and Harris. Saturday we have a fun Easter Egg hunt put on by some of our sweet friends and Saturday night Dave and I have a cocktail party to celebrate the engagement of Glenn and his future bride. And then of course church on Sunday. I am worn out just thinking about it but excited for these fun times. Ella Kate and her Daddy working hard on the garden.
1 month ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment