Ella Kate

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

John David

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, September 1, 2008

10 Weeks - Labor Day Weekend



Ella Kate was 10 weeks old yesterday and I attached a picture of her dressed up for church in one of my old dresses. It is so neat to think that 28 years ago I was probably wearing the very same outfit. My mom did a great job of preserving some of my old baby clothes and I just love dressing up Ella Kate in them. Dave, Ella Kate, and I had a fun and relaxing Labor Day weekend. Friday night we went out to dinner with friends and Ella Kate was just an angel. She sat in her car seat at the restaurant and just stared up at the lights. On Saturday we took her to the Marietta Square for the Art Festival. It was fun but oh so very hot so we did not stay to long. Dave got up at the crack of dawn on Saturday morning and smoked brisket, salmon, and a duck so we had quite a feast for lunch and dinner. We visited more friends Saturday afternoon and then came home for an early evening to watch the Alabama vs. Clemson football game. Even though I am an Auburn fan I sure did enjoy watching Alabama beat Clemson. On Sunday we went to Church and then out to lunch afterwards at Applebees. Now Ella Kate is normally very good in restaurants so I think we had gotten a little spoiled. However in Applebees lets just say that we were "Those People." We ate as fast as we could and got outta there.

Since I am about to go crazy if I do not fit back in my clothes pretty soon Dave and I went to the gym on Friday and Sunday afternoons. They have a nursery at our gym where one of our friends works so it was nice to be able to leave Ella Kate with a friend for an hour while we worked out. We had a great couple of workouts but boy am I sore today. My goal is to get back in shape so that I can run the ING half marathon with Dave next Spring - so we will just see. I hate it that he can out run me now :) I told him pretty soon he will be eating my dust again.

Let's see as for Ella Kate's milestones I think we are doing good. She is sleeping great - between 10 - 11 hours every night. I am feeling really good about the sleeping and oh so thankful to have a full nights sleep again. We are also making progress on Tummy Time which until recently she absolutely hated. She is smiling all the time which absolutely makes my day and does the "accidental" rollover when on her tummy. She lifts her arms and leans her head which makes her roll over. I think it is just her ingenious way to continue to avoid tummy time. She is now very attentive with her toys and bats her hands and feet at them. She just stares at the intently and then every so often smiles at them.

Ella Kate is taking a nap now and Dave is fishing with his Dad so I better get caught up on a little laundry before the chaos starts all over again.

Love ya,
Trina

1 comments:

Sarah said...

Happy Anniversary Weekend!