This past weekend was so much fun. Dave's sister, Dena, and our little nephew, Josh, were in town for the week due to Hurricane Ike hitting Houston so bad. Chris, Dena, and Josh just recently moved to Houston and I am so excited about them living there since I have other family that also lives in the Houston area. As soon as Ella Kate gets a little bit bigger Dave and I plan to make a trip to Texas and visit both sides of the fam. I have to take a minute to brag on my brother-in-law Chris. As some of you know Dena and Chris have lived in Washington D.C. for quite some time - in fact they helped Dave spring the big surprise proposal at the Lincoln Memorial. However due to a huge job promotion they now live in Houston where Chris is the Bureau Chief for Reuters. He was an energy correspondent for Reuters in D.C. and I thought he was a big wig there as we frequently saw him on CNN, etc. but now he is an official big wig and we are so very proud of him. Poor Chris had to work all through the Hurricane but his stories made the front page of Yahoo, Comcast, etc the morning after Ike hit Houston. While Chris did not get to come in town to visit this weekend it was fun having Dena and my sweet little nephew to play with.
On Saturday afternoon Dave, Ella Kate, PaPa (my father-in-law), LeLe(mother-in-law), Dena(sister-in-law), and Josh(nephew) all met up at the North Georgia State Fair. Ella Kate and Josh did great at the fair and Dave and I snuck away for a minute and rode a couple of crazy rides. I felt like a 12 year old kid again standing in line getting nervous about getting on the ride. But it was so much fun!!! LeLe took tons of pictures of all the farm animals, rides, etc. - as she plans on making Josh and Ella Kate a picture book about what you do at the fair. In fact she even took a picture of a hot dog to show what you eat at the fair. Such a cute idea. I really hope that Ella Kate gets some of the creativity genes from the Elliott side of the family.
My mom came into town around 3pm Saturday afternoon and Ella Kate and I both were so excited to see her. It had been far to long so I had a great time showing my Mom (Nanna) all of Ella Kate's new tricks. Saturday evening we all went over to LeLe and PaPa's for dinner. Ella Kate and Josh of course kept everyone entertained. Josh is the sweetest little boy and sat in his high chair so very well mannered and ate chicken, peas, etc. and Miss Prissy Pants literally googled and gaggled for 30 mins straight. It was by far the most I have heard her talk. My mom and I were sitting across the table from each other and Dave's Dad (PaPa) said well "She definitely came by all that talking naturally." My mom and I do like to talk :)
Saturday evening we all watched the Auburn and Georgia games and Ella Kate was all dressed up to support her teams. I have attached some pics.
Sunday morning we went to church and then my mom and I went to a Baby Shower that some sweet ladies at our church hosted. The shower was so much fun and Ella Kate got some precious things.
My mom was able to stay in town until Monday evening so she got to spend alot of quality time with Miss Ella Kate and it was really nice to have a little extra help.


0 comments:
Post a Comment