Last night we had Scott and Julie (who is expecting Baby Caroline any day now), Tyler, Becca, Emmi Grace, and Baby Ty over for dinner. It was so much fun to see everyone and Miss Emmi Grace who is almost 2 kept us all entertained. Ella Kate is only 2.5 weeks older than Ty so it is going to be so much fun to watch them grow up together. And of course little Caroline will only be a little over two months younger than both Ella Kate and Ty. Becca and I both have a "slight" obsession with clothes so she is a great shopping buddy. In fact we have a shopping day planned for next Thursday.
I also went to the Healthplace gym again yesterday and left Ella Kate in the nursery for about an hour. I am so thankful that they have such a good nursery so that I can have an hour to myself to workout. I have to call and make a reservation anytime I want to use the Healthplace nursery which can be a little challenging at times but it is totally worth it b/c they have a 1:1 ratio for babies. So I know that Ella Kate is getting their full attention. When I came back to pick her up after my workout she was just smiling and batting at her little farm animal friends on her carrier which made me feel so good that she was having a good time while I was away.
Ella Kate is making real progress on rolling over. Well I think it is big progress at least :) She likes to sleep on her side even though I religiously lay her down on her back for naps and bedtime. When she is playing on her play mat she gets on her side and basically gets her tummy and feet rolled over but her head and one arm continuously get in her way. It is so fun watching her try to figure it out. I definitely think she may have a tinge of my stubbornness b/c when I try to help her rollover she gets mad every time - but if I leave her alone she is more than content struggling. It is like she is telling me I will figure this out for myself Thanks :)
She is still sleeping great. She actually slept 12 hours last night. I usually get up before her and then hear her squirming around and go get her. As soon as I pick her up in the mornings I immediately lay her on the changing table to change her diaper. When she first opens her eyes she always smiles and giggles - I of course think it is b/c she is so happy to see me. It just makes my day - in fact the last few days Dave and I have been racing to pick her up in the morning b/c it is so fun to see how excited she gets when she sees us.
I know that this was a long blog post but hopefully when Ella Kate looks back and reads this one day she will see how much her Dad and I love her and what a perfect addition to our family she is.




1 comments:
Well said.
Post a Comment